Check this out, it could be the coolest hot rod ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roll: I have to be honest, I personally think its stupid. I respect the time they have put into it. Putting that engine in there, in my opinion, was a waste.
Definitely not the coolest hot rod ever :!: We see hundreds of these things at every car show, and this one is far from being one of the nicest I have seen. Just from the few pictures you can see things that aren't done right. I don't know, just not my thing

I like it. It's very unique and it's nice to not see a sbf or sbc for once. There was one of these that rolled across at the Mecum auction and it had a 383 big block mopar in it. The announcer said " Now here comes a true, true 383 engine". The diesel is unique and some of those diesels make crazy torque.

It is certainly interesting ... personally I think I'd like to have a bit more of a "finished" floor board .... infact completely loose the wood. As far alternate fuel hot rods, I still like GMPP's E85 burning turbo eco-tech 4 banger powerred "34" coupe.

RITTER said:
:roll: I have to be honest, I personally think its stupid. I respect the time they have put into it. Putting that engine in there, in my opinion, was a waste.
Definitely not the coolest hot rod ever :!: We see hundreds of these things at every car show, and this one is far from being one of the nicest I have seen. Just from the few pictures you can see things that aren't done right. I don't know, just not my thing

You see hundreds of Diesel powered A's?.... Really???

I'm not sure it's a "waste"... It's got a pretty reliable engine, and a cool body wrapped around the engine... That little 4bt probably moves it around pretty quickly too... It probably isn't the coolest but to me the concept is kick *ss... And yes there are a few flaws, but how many perfect Ridler or AMBR type cars to you see rollin' on the street?

It doesn't really seem stupid at all, there are alot more things that are stupid... Like sticking with the "easy route" and sticking an SBC in what ever... Or thinking rust, flat black, red wheels and greased up hair is "groovey" and thinking that's how they built cars in the day... hell some people think our G's are stupid... but what ever... I just thought I'd share something I thought was cool....

i like it! i don't like the exposed trans, but think the wood floor is nice.
if they properly tweak the engine, that thing will MOVE!

Holy orange peel Batman! I guess he's waiting to color sand and buff it...

Mega: The wood floor boards and exposed trans will get covered with more stuff and won't be seen when it's done.

Honestly, I've never really been into the '20s and '30s street rods...
I've worked on way too many of them and the novelty quickly wore off.

Don't get me wrong, I've always admired the time and craftsmanship that goes into a lot of the nicer ones, but I've seen too many cobbled ones, and add those horrible rat rods on top of that and I just can't even look at them anymore.

In my eyes, they're all glorified tractors.
It'll be a nice car and it's very creative, but...
In this case, the diesel motor just makes me laugh as it reinforces my own personal prejudice...

Here's just a handfull of the tractors I had my hands in at work that helped sour my taste against the era...
'28 Chevy
33886100014_large.jpg

'36 Ford-- Check out the reflection of my Malibu wagon in the door! :lol:
33886100016_large.jpg

'36 Ford
33886100015_large.jpg

'39 Dodge
33886100017_large.jpg

What's wrong with the ones you posted blake? Only one that has slight custom touch to it is the 39' Dodge. The rest have a fairly stock appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor