Check this out.... Monte SS for sale (supercharged???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... dard=false

BADASS Monte SS with some kind of hidden supercharger that makes it too fast for local roads.
All original with 68,000 miles but has a new 305 and even comes with a pep boys warranty on the brakes!!! errr, I mean breaks....
Other than the BS description, looks like a decent car.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Re: Check this out....

WoW a decent price for an SS ... don't see that too often. Obviously this guy has never driven a V8 with power :lol: 305 that is "too fast for local roads" :rofl: "I don't care who you are, that's funny"

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You know I wouldn't buy it just because of the ad. Guy sounds like a complete tool. It's not really that funny so it makes me wonder if the dude is serious about his ad. If he is, wow.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
CHRIS.O said:
You know I wouldn't buy it just because of the ad. Guy sounds like a complete tool. It's not really that funny so it makes me wonder if the dude is serious about his ad. If he is, wow.
Oh I bet hes serious. When I was car shopping I ran into a dude with an original 88 Monte SS that hadnt run in 7 years (9 now) and he claimed it was too fast to drive daily and wanted $3000 for something that hasnt seen the road in almost a decade. My dad said he remembered the car from its original owner and he used to race it (and beat it) with his 69 442 all the time :rofl:

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
someone should buy the car to sue the idiot for false advertising. i sure as hell dont see a supercharger. someone needs to check their facts. I also actually would be surprised if that is in fact a 305. It obviously has had work done and I am not sure anyone would put all that work into a 305. It would be well worth it to run the numbers on that engine before purchasing

NY87SS

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2008
Palmyra, NY
Run, run far and fast.
Listed with 67K and some change, odometer is showing 68K+.
Those are not custom wheels, may not be the ones that came on it, but aren't custom.
Paint 2 days old would be stupid to add decals that quick and the wrong ones at that.
Paint itself had to be if true all most half the cost on the cheaper side unless MACCO did it.
If something sounds to good to be true, it usually is.
The supercharged thing doesn't bother me one bit, a stupid mistake, but it does tell me that person is probably 25 and under.
Having spent all that money, which is does look like alot has been spent even if someone was to cheap out, you had to know your mortgage was going south so why even attempt it.

Odds are its stolen!!

85cut420

Apprentice
Nov 19, 2011
Wake Co, NC
If that car is too fast for local roads, then so is my 09 Camry V6 with an air intake.

Really looks like a nice car though, I just came back from Florida, wish I saw this ad before I left, the contact number is in area code 305 which is Miami. If the seller is as big a tool as he seems from his description, and really is about to lose his house, I'd have drove it back to NC having paid half his asking price if not less, because I would explain to him that a new 305 is not the same as a rebuilt 305, that the car probably has 168K miles (or 268K? 368K?), that the wheels are not custom, that sports car and sport utility are not the same, etc, etc (yall see where I'm going with this).

Someone in the MIA will buy this car for 2500 and put 26s, candy paint, and 10 TVs in it. If any of you guys are considering buying a car or are close, go check it out, by the sound of the seller, you can get it for really cheap, nowhere near 4500.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
That car isn't too fast for local roads, it's an illegal setup he an't get though inspections so he is selling it to the next joker. I would never buy a car that has had it's emission and computer systems hacked out, it renders the car illegal and useless for me.

Don't knock the L69 HO 305s that much, they are capable of making 295 HP with stock heads. Problem is they are choked down by GM's shortcuts like the exhaust manifolds and small cam from the leftover parts bin. Heck of alot better than the junk, low CR 350s that people think are better.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
I don't know, to me it looks like a regular person trying to sell his ss for a decent price. I don't see a "tool" or an idiot or a scammer of some sorts, the car looks like it even has the factory ac. i dont see where it says "custom wheels" or anything out of the ordinary (not just something you click or check the box on) I don't see a ton of modification to this thing (just from the pics) that would lead me to believe that it wouldn't pass smog... 4500, not bad! if you can get it in a roll for a while... could even be that it has 68000 miles on it, even if it had 168 it would still be worth 4500... Id pay 35 for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor