Chevelle Rear End

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There's been a few guy posting questions about chevelle rear ends. JBrue has a 12 bolt that's 4.5" wider than a G body rear. Here's my GP with a 67 chevelle 8.2 rear that is 2.5" wider than a 7.5 or 8.5 GN rear. The wheels have a 4.5 back spacing and the tires are 245 50 16 in each corner.

Attachments

• P1010189.JPG
    P1010189.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 1,297
  • P1010193.JPG
    P1010193.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,241

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
PontiacGP,
Man that looks outstanding!!!!!

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
well hot-damn, finally get to see your GP!
couldn't help but notice the spoiler... is that a Monte SS one, with the sides cut? I've been wanting to use one, but couldn't come up with an eligant solution to the sides, to match the GP's trunk lines. Nicely done

and that grill, man it looks badass! Looks like you cut and welded another top portion to the ones already there. But I gotta know how you cut the bumper and made the bottom portion of the grill.

love it!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
JBrue...thank you and thanks for your help with the info for the install. It's alot easier knowing what to expect. Those UMI uppers sure do make a difference and I would recommend the uppers with the roto joint to anyone with a G body.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks khan, that is two grills and it was intended just to be a quick job to fill the hole but I've had a few compliments on it so I might make another one where I can get rid of the double line where they join. I cut the bumper with a plasma and there is nothing left of the bumper behind the grill. It took a few pounds of the front of the car. I left the little part of the bumper for the speed nut where the grill attached to the bumper and used the original brackets on the grills to attach them to the bumper.

and the spoiler is from an SS. I cut the ends off it and cut the spoiler in the middle so I could get it to match the contour of the GP trunk. Then I fibreglassed the middle back together and the ends, little bondo and thats how it turned out.

I still have to get some rubber to fill in around the back window to match the rubber around the front windsheild

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Very nice pontiacgp, is that after you wet sanded and buffed? If so I think I owe you a beer, somehow, lol. :lol:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks but I have not buffed it yet. I am going to this weekend tho on a spot just to see what happens

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
that sounds too easy somehow :shock:
but it came out looking sweet!

And thanks for giving me an example of how a GP can look awesome with blacked out trim!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks for the compliments you guys...the car's not for sale but when I stopped off at a local coffe shop when lots of bikers and car guys hang out some guy offered my his girlfriend, his sister and his gf's mon for my car...but he didn't have pictures so I declined.. :mrgreen:

khan...after the fact it was easy, it was kinda hard to figure out what to do and it took a bit of work to measure it up to make sure it fit tight, it's actually 1/4" too tall and to make it fit I have to loosen the front bumper to set it in place.. I have bit of experience with fabrication tho which helps, I worked on proto type aircraft for years and I do alot of the fabrication on the race cars I work on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor