Chevy 305 piston differences ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMERA355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2008
Bellflower,Ca
Hey everyone.... I just recently swapped my 305 for a 350 +.040 with summit heads. I plan on doing a mild rebuild on my original 305 just for fun and to have as a spare. While shopping around, I noticed some sale listings state pistons for 87 and up engines. My 305 is an LG4 with dished pistons and no vale reliefs. I was planning on flat tops or a different piston with less of a dish. Is there any significant difference with roller and non roller pistons ? ... I know it`s a dumb question,but I`ve had surprises before. My engine has 416 heads and a 929 cam,with an Edelbrock performer intake.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Only has to do with the head cc for the specified years. The overall compression will be dictated by that. I think speed pro used to have a 2 valve relief true flat top with no dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor