chevy 4 bolt blocks need info

Status
Not open for further replies.

david lehman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
la quinta ca.
I was needing some info on chevy 4 bolt 350 blocks, I know the late model blocks are the blocks that are true roller blocks but what year were they manuf & what cars or trucks did they come in I know this is not a g body ? but if any body can give me that info I would appreciate it

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Most of the 4 bolt roller blocks started showing up around 87-88 in the 1/2 ton pickups i believe. They can also possibly be found in the vettes with tpi early 90's up till around 95 on the trucks, 93ish on the vettes. Hopefully others will chime in and correct me if wrong....no worries here on constructive criticism lol! Hope this helps,
Scott

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
350 blocks from 79-86 (passanger side dipstick) casting # ending in 207 are all 4 bolt and if you want a fool proof method...fiber optic camera through the drain plug

• Agree

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
Unless your making 500+HP or you just want a 4 bolt block the best way is to pull the pan or some other way to look into the bottom end. The hyd. roller blocks started with the 86 block up till 95. Some block were roller motors or set up for a roller set up and many were not. Best way to find out is to pull the intake and look for three towers along the cam line and they will be drilled for the spiders and the lifter sided will be machined for the dog bones. Also the cam retainer for the step nosed cams will be wider on the early 638 blocks then on the later Vortec 880 blocks. You need to get the correct one for the motor, all else will be the same (spiders dog bones lifters ect.) Also not all 880 blocks are 4 bolt BUT all are roller motors. Also if you need a external fuel pump most of the 638 blocks are drilled and some of the 880 blocks are drilled. If the hole is started on the 880 block then you can drill it out with a 1/2 in long drill or just use a electric fuel pump.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
MORTEC is your best friend when looking for sbc info.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor