Chevy Rally Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Anyone using 6 x15 rally wheels on their cars ?
My wagon came with 7 x15 front and rear. It came with 235 70s on the back and 205 65s on the front. Im thinking the smaller front tires were needed due to the dropped suspension. Both of the inner fenders had some damage from tires rubbing through. The 205s on the 7" wheel just dont look right. I think they would look better on the 6" wheel. Any issues with the offset on the 6" ?
I wanted to put a nice set of wheels on the wagon but I cant decide which way to go as far as size and style. I liked the look of the Ridler 606 but Ive got so much more to buy the wheels are going on the back burner. I needed to buy all 4 tires. Got four wheels. Cheaper to pick up a couple of 6" rims if they fit right.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have 15x6’s on the front and 8’s in the rear. I have 205/70-15’s up front.
8293607E-D0CE-48B5-81EA-87E4BE1F592E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
15x6 steelies up front (195/65-15 @ ~25"); 8" wide in the rear. Same BS I've used for the skinnier steel Ralleys (GM car & truck) as well (3.75"BS). I always try to match the tire section width to the wheel sizes front & rear for visual consistency (I dislike a 'pinched' tire @ one end & a 'stretched' tire on the opposite end). I still have the damaged inner wells but my car is lower.

Attachments

• 20190309_110736.jpg
    20190309_110736.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 253
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This is how the car looked before I redid it. The tires are toast. The Hoosiers on the back have pretty large cracks in the sidewalls. Fronts are Goodyears and theyre rock hard. The spare was a Uniroyal and it might be the original. That one was rock hard too.
Since the cars basically the same color I was thinking about spraying the rims a darker grey and changing the center caps to the disc brake style. I had some base coat left from the firewall so I sprayed one of the fronts to see how it looked and it needs some contrast. Rally wheel argent doesnt look much better.
My only concern if how the 6" rims will fit. Looks like theres no issues so I'll have to find a pair.

misc 240.JPG

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
This is how the car looked before I redid it. The tires are toast. The Hoosiers on the back have pretty large cracks in the sidewalls. Fronts are Goodyears and theyre rock hard. The spare was a Uniroyal and it might be the original. That one was rock hard too.
Since the cars basically the same color I was thinking about spraying the rims a darker grey and changing the center caps to the disc brake style. I had some base coat left from the firewall so I sprayed one of the fronts to see how it looked and it needs some contrast. Rally wheel argent doesnt look much better.
My only concern if how the 6" rims will fit. Looks like theres no issues so I'll have to find a pair.

View attachment 163531
The only thing about darker colors on Ralley wheels is you lose some of the prominence of the slots in the wheels.

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I have them on my EL C. Powder coated rims true color, aftermarket rings that have held up very well. Nice thing is a couple cap options to change it out. I have always liked that classic look

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I've used the Duplicolor Gunmetal/Graphite wheel paint before and love it.

It's definitely darker than the ralley wheel gray but it's awesome and has a lot of small metallic in it.

Here's my old 83 wagon, original Light Fern Gray paint. I painted the N90s with the Duplicolor. Gives you an idea of the color combo.

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor