Chevy rearends????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
What Chevy rearend measures 58" and all the mounts are the same as a Gbody?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
You can get a custom ford 9" that width. I just ordered one 2" wider than factory

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Yes I have one. 58" . Set up for a Gbody . It's for sale for $250.00 with 28 spline axles. Don't you mean 2" wider each side? My original 7.5 measures 52.5 from the backside of the brake drums. I don't want to use a deep backspaced wheel , they look more like hubcaps than wheels.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I went one inch on each side as I had a little tire/wheel clearance with the wide ralley wheels and sixty series tires. Just a subtle change. Looking forward to install. Also have the rear stabilizer bar ready to go in

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I went one inch on each side as I had a little tire/wheel clearance with the wide ralley wheels and sixty series tires. Just a subtle change. Looking forward to install. Also have the rear stabilizer bar ready to go in
Greg, please post some pics upon install. I'm thinking about swapping to a 9" (99% sure at this point to handle the power of the boosted LS). My new wheels are 4.5" BS and with a 255/45/17 they are going to be real close to the frame and might possibly rub. Adding an inch to each side will get me plenty of clearance, especially if I get wider wheels in the future.
Nobody ever complained about an added inch :sneaky: lol!!!!

Scott

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I will Scott. I am pretty excited and as the days are longer I plan on doing some other things also.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Isn't America great where you can get this great stuff in an effort to regain our ill gotten youth

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor