Chipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Fortier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2016
D-F, Maine
Chip.jpg
In my other Thread about the Q-jet I said I was going to put the Performance chip in. And I did that. ( Pictured Above ). I matched the Icons on both ends of it to, I guess , place it in properly. Got in and fired her up. Idled really high for a bit then kicked down to about 2500rpm. then down to 1500 rpm. Which seemed ok. But as it idled down some more it was struggling to stay alive and was sputtering out. I could tap the gas to get her to come back to life but she wanted to die. Things I realized. I was in the yellow for fuel maybe she was hungry? Also that the Q-Jet needs to be tuned for it and I am starting a new thread for nothing? What are recommended changes for running any chip?

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
What's the PN on that chip?
The one you had pictured in the AC Delco bag was 16062805 which correlates to an '86 442 VIN9 roller 307 with 7A swirl port heads, code FWD.
Are you running a longer duration VIN9 cam to go with this chip?
Stock 86-87 VIN9 cam is 0.435/0.438 194/210 @ 0.050
I have an '86 442 VIN9 carb lying around if you need one but it needs to be rebuilt.

Tim Fortier

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2016
D-F, Maine
I am not. This Chip was the one in the Delco packaging. But I think I have narrowed the issue down. The battery isn't holding a charge. And at this point a jump isn't effective. Im going to get e new battery here soon. As for the carb, everything under the hood was rebuilt in 2002. The motor was done at Brown Oldsmobile in Saco Maine, they sell golf carts there now. And the transmission was rebuilt at Amicus Transmissions in Biddeford. They are still open. I swapped the chip back to the one I took out and had the same issue. Planning on battery and fluids update next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor