Choo Choo expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Did Choo Choo SS El Caminos ever come with the Choo Choo Customs script logos like this one? If so, which years?
I see some Choo Choo's with them and some without.
Trying to decide if I want them on my '83

18052_86854c17c57a_low_res.jpg

18065_5091c866f441_low_res.jpg

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Of course I can and I will.
I'm more asking because I'd like to know and thought someone here might know the answer. Plus, the answer could influence my decision.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
My uncle has a 86 and don't have them, and the other ones I have seen don't have them

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Just found the answer:
'87 only.
http://autocool.com/necoa_org/Choo-Choo_Facts.htm

I think it might add a nice touch on mine. Btw, mine is an original '83 Choo Choo but I've I have already made a few other changes to what my car came with so I'm not keeping it totally original anyway.
The '83 Choo Choo was the only year that didn't have the fake hood scoop. I liked the way it looks so I bought one and put it on.

Reactions: 1 user

DTra1n

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 20, 2015
So I actually live in Chattanooga and own an El Caballero. Anything in town worth checking out? Any vintage Choo Choo stuff around here??

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
There is a member on elcaminocentral.com who keeps a list/database of all things ChooChoo El Camino. If you haven't tried looking there, I would hop on over there for specific info. I have never heard him reference any other site for info on the ChooChoo elkies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
To add to the ChooChoo topic, every now and then I check their site for the latest price of the SS nose. I'm going to get one eventually. They don't advertise it anymore. I texted back and forth with them this week and it's pretty much become a special order item. Hell 8 months ago they told me they weren'tmaking them fast enough.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
To add to the ChooChoo topic, every now and then I check their site for the latest price of the SS nose. I'm going to get one eventually. They don't advertise it anymore. I texted back and forth with them this week and it's pretty much become a special order item. Hell 8 months ago they told me they weren'tmaking them fast enough.
I wouldn't hold off buying the nose for your car if you really want one, since a bunch of people did that with the Lauren Engineering stuff only to find everything was discontinued.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am not a big fan of emblems or stickers and feel with the addition of the choo choo sticker it just makes it look "cluttered" IMO

18065_5091c866f441_low_res.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor