Choo Choo wagon? What do y'all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonsterH

n00b
Dec 21, 2019
Exit 9, New Jersey
Crazy as this sounds, this is THE car made me want to own a wagon. I first saw it at Spring Carlisle when it was first built. A body shop in Carlisle built it. He had the wagon and a few other cars and trucks for sale. At the time I think he wanted something like $17K for it. Way more than I had to spend. A couple of years/shows later I met the guy again and he was building a sedan delivery at his shop. Red and black with the same nose. I saw the car at his shop before he started doing it and it was kinda rough. He was doing a nice job though. That car wound up on ebay. Dont know what it sold for though.
This wagon was sold at the Atlantic City show. A guy and his son bought the wagon and a done up Chevy pickup that he was selling. Long after I bought my wagon I saw it for sale in NJ on CL. I actually called about it. The guy said his son passed away and it was sitting in his garage and when he looked at it he thought about his kid so he wanted it gone. I think he wanted around $11K or $12K for it. Im sure it sold but I saw it for sale on CL again a year or two later. Still in NJ.

As far as the Bulldog wagon, that was owned by the late Tom Gerrard in VA. I know this because I bought my 81 coupe from him back in 2001. He was a real gentleman. Sad that he passed away shortly after the wagon was finished.

View attachment 131459
Thanks so much mikester for providing some history on my ride. I bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy in the AC area.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks so much mikester for providing some history on my ride. I bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy in the AC area.

Didnt he tell you why the other guy sold it to him ? It was a pretty sad story. I could hear it in his voice that it pained him to keep it. When he emailed some pictures to me it looked like he never cleaned his sons personal stuff out of the car.

You might like this link if youve never seen it.

RonsterH

n00b
Dec 21, 2019
Exit 9, New Jersey
Didnt he tell you why the other guy sold it to him ? It was a pretty sad story. I could hear it in his voice that it pained him to keep it. When he emailed some pictures to me it looked like he never cleaned his sons personal stuff out of the car.

You might like this link if youve never seen it.
The guy I bought it from didn’t give me any of the back story, but there were a few business cards and such from that prior owner still in the glove box. Once again I can’t thank you enough for the link and the info😎

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The guy I bought it from didn’t give me any of the back story, but there were a few business cards and such from that prior owner still in the glove box. Once again I can’t thank you enough for the link and the info😎

No problem. Glad to help. Good luck with the car ! Like I said, I bought my wagon because I liked that one so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor