Choosing a cam. Do we have any LS experts in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
The nice thing about our cars is the Cam can be changed motor in :D

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Yea. But i think im still gonna put a cam in it I was just alittle upset last night lol

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
It is set in stone now. I just got off the phone with summit. My 2215 cam and my LS6 valve springs should be here next monday or tuesday

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
Not trying to hijack your thread but do you know of any cams that would be worth the money in a stock ls1 with a stock 4l60e? I wouldn't want to pay 600+ for cam an springs and only end up with 15 horsepower in gaines! Also, my set up is fuel injected.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
mhsmonte said:
Not trying to hijack your thread but do you know of any cams that would be worth the money in a stock ls1 with a stock 4l60e? I wouldn't want to pay 600+ for cam an springs and only end up with 15 horsepower in gaines! Also, my set up is fuel injected.

Im not much of an ls expert yet but in my research on ls cams if your staying injected you have tons of options. A good example would be the ls1 hot cam i think you can get them brand new from gmpp or jegs for $250 with i think a 540 lift which is pretty good spec. The only reason im not going with that cam is because im going carbed but if your staying injected then thats the way to go

mhsmonte

Greasemonkey
Dec 4, 2008
Kentucky
jacobdavis1979 said:
mhsmonte said:

Im not much of an ls expert yet but in my research on ls cams if your staying injected you have tons of options. A good example would be the ls1 hot cam i think you can get them brand new from gmpp or jegs for $250 with i think a 540 lift which is pretty good spec. The only reason im not going with that cam is because im going carbed but if your staying injected then thats the way to go

Thanks for the name of that cam!

Kansas Bu Wagon said:
http://m.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327734

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor