Chrome bumper inserts for 78-80 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicious

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2006
Pensacola FL
Does anyone know a place who makes them in black instead of chrome?

vicious

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2006
Pensacola FL
I've seen them on the dixie gbody sales sight & they are on ebay all the time. One seller there puts them for a buy it now auction all the time. I think dixie is cheaper though.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
OPGI sells the inserts now...

Never seen them in black, but if you find an old pair with all the chrome stripped off, just scuff them up and paint.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I checked the OPGI site this evening, and couldn't find the bumper impact strips for the '78-'80 listed on their site. Did I look in the wrong area? I checked in the bumper section. I also checked the Dixie Monte Carlo site, and they do list the impact strips, but I think that the upper strips that they're selling may possibly be previously enjoyed parts, as there is no price listed for them, and it says to call for availability.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
My old neighbor replaced the ones on his 85 gp. He got a set that were all rubber but looked stock. They were all black like you are looking for. Unfortinatly he has moved out of the province so I don't know were he got them but they are/were out there.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
OPG only sells the small lower ones.

As for the big uppers... not sure?? I lucked out and got mine from ECparts a long time ago...

There's a seller on ebay who offers them.. but they don't look that great IMO.

This is where 3rd gen owners are stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor