Chrome Inner Door Lock Knobs- GM P/N 9813799

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
PSA-

The chrome inside door lock knobs for our cars is GM p/n 9813799.

I've stumbled across some of these lately on auction sites and other places they try to sell them. The people selling them have lost their minds. They're still available from GM, and for much cheaper, so why pay more?

First off, I'm not in any need whatsoever for these, as I'm set for life. But if people keep paying these nitwits their asking prices, they're only screwing themselves. I've seen prices on these for 11, 12, $15 EACH!!!! Someone was offering up a bag of 10 of them for $150!!!! The parts are not discontinued, NOS parts. At least not yet. Don't believe the lies.

If you find you need some, do yourself a favor and drop by your local GM dealership to pick up a couple. They used to be sold in a pack of 10, not sure anymore. They currently list for $8.60 EACH. If you get them for a discount, that's even better. It's still kinda pricey for a piece of plastic, but it is what it is. So even if you THINK you'll need some down the road, pick up a couple, put them in a sandwich baggie and poke the bag on a nail on the back of your workbench. Or wherever you like to stash your spares.

• Informative
Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This probably counts as a bump I guess. It seems the parts pimps are out there still acting like these are made of gold. Still trying to figure out why. Saw someone trying to peddle 4 of these for like $60 on an auction site today. Another site that deals in NOS parts says they have ONE for $20. For real?

NOS-CHEVROLET-PONTIAC-GMC-OLDSMOBILE-BUICK-CADILLAC-GM.jpg

As of today when I checked, they're still available from GM and NOT discontinued, but as stated before, that could happen at any time. $8.57 list price each. Even at retail it's $85.70 per bag of 10. Discounted price at most places is $5.60 each. If you need some, call your local GM dealer and find out how much you can get them for and see if they have any in stock. Be careful as some dealers will gladly order you a part, but you'd have to buy the entire package. A bit pricey if you only need a few. Don't buy into the hype that everything for G-body is NOS now if you don't know for sure if the part is discontinued or not. Check it and see first.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor