Chrome trim gasket for weather stripping??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2017
alright guys so I just started replacing the weather stripping on my 79 Monte Carlo. I pulled out all of my old stripping out of the door jam and removed the first chrome piece that is next to the quarter winding thinking it would be easier to clean. My question is what are you guys using to replace the gasket in between the two chrome piece. I ordered the complete weather stripping kit for Dixie restoration btw. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 177

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You're gonna need weather strip sealing strips. I just did a screenshot, but go to ebay and type in the description. The seller is s_and_s classic.

HTH
Screenshot_20171208-060755.png

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
No problem man. What's the story on the Monte? We'd like to hear some details on it when time permits, and pics....we love pics!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah man, don't be shy. Tell us a little about your project...pics are always appreciated.
Oh, and welcome aboard.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Brandon Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2017
Well the my first monte was a graduation present from my parents I grew up around the car and was always promised it would be mine when I got older. So I started tearing the car apart quickly realizing that the fame was shot and there wasn't much left of the car so I purchase another car and started piecing them together and had the whole car repainted after that the car basically sat for 5 year. So now I'm picking back up where I left off. The motor is a 355 with dart heads 13:1 je rods and pistons scat crank comp magnum cam and a torquer 2 intake buying an air gap soon just want to get the motor in and make sure it will fit first. Back with a th350 with a 3k stall and a 10 bolt rear end with 4.11 locker just waiting to be destroyed lol as of right now I'm finishing the interior and hoping to drop the motor sometime in the next few weeks!!!
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor