Cigarette Lighter Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
My lighter Well gave up the ghost.

Went to get a new lighter assembly, and the package plainly shows a "Victor 05160-8" as what I need.

Problem is, I can't find any, even online.

Anyone with any tips/tricks/hints/clues.... or a lighter well that works? :D

Thanks guys!

-Gonz

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
I have plans for the power supply to the items requiring it (Front/Rear Camera, Radar Detector). Both require the accessory plug, and they're part of my already formed plans.

USB is already taken care of.

As strange as it may sound, the Lighter would be used as.... a lighter... :D

If you should feel like coming up off of one you have stashed, send me a PM.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If it's to be a lighter, I'll look for one that has already been used as such. Do you need just the insert, or the whole thing with the knob and coil?

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Just the Well, have the actual knob with element.

-Gonz

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It should be the same as pretty much any GM vehicle prior to, say, 1995ish? They're pretty simple; not a lot to go wrong with them. Try cleaning up the contact surfaces.... It's usually the element that fails, although I do have to wiggle/turn my phone charger sometimes to make contact.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
It should be the same as pretty much any GM vehicle prior to, say, 1995ish? They're pretty simple; not a lot to go wrong with them. Try cleaning up the contact surfaces.... It's usually the element that fails, although I do have to wiggle/turn my phone charger sometimes to make contact.

Thats what Im doing now, but 99% of the time, there is no contact.

If hes got one, Ill take it... if not, Ill pull it and mess with it when I get the power feed to the electronics the way I want, which would require taking all that out anyway.

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor