Ck 2004R rebuild manual

drswitch

n00b
May 10, 2023
Would anybody have the ck rebuild manual they would sell? I called him and he is 2 months out on getting any

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have one.. sort of ;)

A new dad is borrowing it. And it is a great reference.

I probably should copy it.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I have one.. sort of ;)

Hopefully I'll be done with it next month!

I finally got parts ordered from Husek. That was an in depth process...

Reactions: 1 user

drswitch

n00b
May 10, 2023
I have one.. sort of ;)

What would you want for a copy
I have one.. sort of ;)

Hopefully I'll be done with it next month!

I finally got parts ordered from Husek. That was an in depth process...
Yes it is.I got kit from ck but some parts from Husek. He liked to talk in circles having him rebuild valve body for me. I really could use one asap

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What would you want for a copy

Yes it is.I got kit from ck but some parts from Husek. He liked to talk in circles having him rebuild valve body for me. I really could use one asap

I was originally going to source my parts from CK as he very clearly lays out whats in the kit online and has good breakdown of what power level each is good for

But I called CK a few times and rarely get an answer and it seemed that when I asked if they had parts in stock they didn't know, never had a definite answer and were kinda dodgy. There's a ton of threads online of CK shipping portions of kits, not telling you what they are short on, when they will get replacements in and I just didn't want to deal with that. It's a shame since some of CK's designs and parts are top notch.

Extreme Automatics does 2004rs too of course but don't list kits.

Art carr does kits and they are affordable but I don't like some of what they do concept wise. Elimination of accumulators, no TC lockup.

Husek does love to talk. I probably spent 6-8 hrs talking on the phone with him. It's tough to break through but he really does have a lot of great info. I kinda ran into the same issue with him, I had a CA valve body out of my 2+2 and I thought he could just tweak it so it would work with my turbo Buick setup. He basically wouldn't consider that and got me to buy a turbo Buick BR valve body And governor. He's a bit of perfectionist with his valve bodies and won't use a trans go kit.

I just sent my check to Husek for parts. It was about double what I thought I'd spend but a lot was governor, shift kit Husek work and valve body and drum. Hopefully everything works out.

drswitch

n00b
May 10, 2023
I was originally going to source my parts from CK as he very clearly lays out whats in the kit online and has good breakdown of what power level each is good for

But I called CK a few times and rarely get an answer and it seemed that when I asked if they had parts in stock they didn't know, never had a definite answer and were kinda dodgy. There's a ton of threads online of CK shipping portions of kits, not telling you what they are short on, when they will get replacements in and I just didn't want to deal with that. It's a shame since some of CK's designs and parts are top notch.

Extreme Automatics does 2004rs too of course but don't list kits.

Art carr does kits and they are affordable but I don't like some of what they do concept wise. Elimination of accumulators, no TC lockup.

Husek does love to talk. I probably spent 6-8 hrs talking on the phone with him. It's tough to break through but he really does have a lot of great info. I kinda ran into the same issue with him, I had a CA valve body out of my 2+2 and I thought he could just tweak it so it would work with my turbo Buick setup. He basically wouldn't consider that and got me to buy a turbo Buick BR valve body And governor. He's a bit of perfectionist with his valve bodies and won't use a trans go kit.

I just sent my check to Husek for parts. It was about double what I thought I'd spend but a lot was governor, shift kit Husek work and valve body and drum. Hopefully everything works out.
I read those reply about Ck after I already ordered. He is a real pain to get ahold of. But all of the parts I ordered came in 3 days and in good shape. He is defiantly a little cheaper than Husek on the same parts. Dave told me they get allot of the parts at same warehouse. But Dave is more readily available to talk and support so that’s worth something also.
If you can copy or sell your book I would be interested just do I don’t miss anything on this build. I only have the gm manual

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I read those reply about Ck after I already ordered. He is a real pain to get ahold of. But all of the parts I ordered came in 3 days and in good shape. He is defiantly a little cheaper than Husek on the same parts. Dave told me they get allot of the parts at same warehouse. But Dave is more readily available to talk and support so that’s worth something also.
If you can copy or sell your book I would be interested just do I don’t miss anything on this build. I only have the gm manual
I have Jim (64nailhead)'s book on loan. I owe it back to him.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor