cleaning factory wire wheel covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4dou

n00b
Jun 2, 2005
South Carolina
Hi Everybody. What is the best cleaner for my factory chrome wire wheel covers for my 85 olds cutlass supreme? I have tried a lot of stuff, but I can get the inside of the wheel to shine and it is tough to get into that part of the wheel cover. I did a search but didn't find anything. Thanks.

John

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
My '89 DeVille had wires too. After alot of searching, the best way to do it is plain as day. Buy a bottle of spray wheel cleaner. Buy a soft-ish hand-held brush (like a wheel brush). Spray the cleaner on, allow to soak for a minute or so. Spray a tad more, dip brush into bucket of water then scrub wheel clean of all debris. If wheel is extra dirty, repeat. After that, towel dry, and perhaps throw on a bit of polish.

IMG_3051.jpg

^ without any polish

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Had a friend years ago who used to put his caddy wires and riviera wires in his mom's dishwasher! Came out beautiful! Well until his mom came home early one day and found the wheel covers in the dish washer! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor