Cleaning fuel lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim & sleek

Apprentice
Apr 24, 2018
Fort Wayne, In
Good morning my gbody group got a question: I m getting my 81 back on the road here soon after a 18 year sleep, I need to clean my tank and lines. Tank I know how to clean it out, it is my line I would like to know what would be the best way to clean besides blowing air thur it? Also what year and make of car or truck has electric fans in it at will fit the radiator of the 81 regal( hence the gbody ) thank you in advance for any and all suggestions

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
It will be a challenge, but what I have done is disconnect both ends, add a long hose to the front end so you can point it up. Then add a hose in the rear that you can stick in a clear jug. I then tried all kinds of chemicals. Lacquer thinner was one, pour it in the front end until you can't get any more in. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then take a blow gun and slowly add pressure to push it through the line into the rear jug. Do it again until the fluid coming out is as clean as you can get.

Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Run some clean gas through the lines just to rinse them out, they will be fine! gas is an incredible cleaner within itself so.....

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Put some brake cleaner in the lines and blow them out... as long as there isn't a tonne of flakey rust and debris flying out you can send it with a filter up stream.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor