Cleaning polished aluminum wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

83beater

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2019
I recently had to get 2 new tires installed, I took my car to a tire shop that installed them ,as soon as I got home I noticed they had sprayed something on them that stained my rims!? A day before a show !,and wouldnt polish off! ..,but not too did some research and decided to try the "acid wash" on polished aluminum. As some say never to do so!..I did it lol diluted 4.1..I sprayed acid for about 45sec.you can tell when it working it turns into white foam .rinse with water and it turns into a foggy look.(like u ruined the rim)..then all you gotta due is polish! Them (I used blue magic polish)..and bam! Looking like new!..and that's my 2 cents of a rant for the day ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190614-134029_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190614-134029_Video Player.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 329
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor