Cleaning Steering Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranllett

Apprentice
Dec 29, 2013
Calgary Alberta Canada
Does anybody have a tried a true method of cleaning colored steering wheels? I have a nice tan four spoke Camaro wheel that appears to have never be cleaned since new. Any ideas are appreciated.

Catmandoo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2014
Try spraying brake clean on a rag and test it in an inconspicuous area first

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I always use goop or another type of hand cleaner. Really knocks the grease and dirt off. Then just soap and water. Does a great job and doesn't hurt the wheel...timo

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. dont use brake clean, some of it is very strong and will atleast discolor it, maybe eat into it.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Scrubbing bubbles is a good one, have to be careful of the bleach though.

I usually take the wheel off, then use GOJO and a tooth brush in the sink. That usually does it. Tedious, time consuming, but works. And I have tan wheels.

Brakleen can be hit or miss, flammable, non-flammable (I use this), they have different chemical makeups.

Nov 4, 2012
I've always had great success with Scrubbing Bubbles on Vinyl and Plastic. Makes it look new. I wouldn't recommend using it on leather though. For leather steering wheels I normally use saddle soap, and then shoe polish.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I used a degreaser from Zep in the purple bottles to clean it. Then I used boot polish to polish it up nice. Worked for me.

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
I use simple green. Soak it down and let it sit for a bit and wipe it off

Champ2014

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2013
Pizza Hut degreaser and and SOS pads...followed immediately by some Armour All

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor