clear dash lens for gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Does anyone know if there is another setup that would fit in the stock area without the single or double holes like Mike's Montes carries?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I didn't, only saw the two options on his site and figured someone on here would know better. When I spoke with him about the rest of the gauge setup he said that he wasn't sure if I really needed the clear lens since I'm running Dakota Digitals, but once I looked at the setup there would be all kinds of dirt getting in the front gauge cover without it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You used to be able to buy a blank shadow box and cut them out to whatever gauge configuration you like. You may be able to make your own. It doesn't look difficult.

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks, I already have the gauges and everything sorted with the Dakota Digital VHX and then the black housing for stock setup. Just thinking that there will be dirt that gets between the two without the clear lens but don't have a need for the needle holes

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Unless you can find the lens without the holes. I don't recall if they all had the hole whether it has the clock or not.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah that's what I was asking, I believe one is for the trip and the other is for the clock but I won't need either

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
From what I've seen there are a few different ones... at least for the Malibu/Monte/Camino... some have two holes....one for trip meter...one for clock or tach with clock. I've seen them with single hole on right for clock or tach with clock. I'm sure I've seen them with just a hole on the left for trip meter. I've also seen them with just the RH hole and a plug. I'm not sure I've seen one without a hole at all. I wonder sometimes what happened in 86 on the Monte and Camino when the clock went into the radio and cluster had no trip meter? did the lens have no holes? I don't know for sure....I've got a bunch at home I'll try and go through them tonight....and see what I've got.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 users

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Mine has one hole with a black plug in it. I don't think I've ever seen one with out a hole. Maybe a later one? :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor