Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Read the first post paragraph at HPTuners, made my head hurt, nope. Tune right or not at all, closed loop will make tuners of everyone until they chase horsepower and lean it out, then bang. I guess it will postpone the inevitable for most folk that go fuel injected.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Read the first post paragraph at HPTuners, made my head hurt, nope. Tune right or not at all, closed loop will make tuners of everyone until they chase horsepower and lean it out, then bang. I guess it will postpone the inevitable for most folk that go fuel injected.

I am not sure I follow your discontent? Nothing in that thread denounces proper tuning (ie. validating your VE and MAF in Open Loop) it is only focusing on ensuring you have the appropriate switch points and lead time/transport delay (as the exhaust pulses travel down the primaries to the O2 sensor (longer than in a manifold)) when using headers.

Proper CL tuning makes for a very pleasant driving experience and an emissions compliant set up (aka. not stinky and no risk of an irritated wife).

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
The OP in that thread was chasing a misfire and it was apparent he hadn't spent time properly diagnosing that, for me that lost my interest, sorry. :( That does make me want to forget my stock ECU and go with Megasquirt though.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Geesh Mike, I actually understood the literature, but at the same time felt like I was watching this....

Reciprocation Dingle Arm . . . Does UMI make one of those? It didn't come with the rest of my stuff . . .
1540874166737.png

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor