Clutch direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
I noticed when you go to buy a clutch and a fan blade it offers the clutch itself in a counterclockwise and clockwise I didn't realize they had either direction and I know I have a counterclockwise water pump, do I have to get a counter clockwise clutch I've never heard of that. Thanks a million for any help with this.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
which way are you looking at the engine when you say counter clockwise?. The GM serpentine system has a reverse spin water pump which is counter clockwise, the crank pulley spins clock wise.

Reactions: 1 user

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
which way are you looking at the engine when you say counter clockwise?. The GM serpentine system has a reverse spin water pump which is counter clockwise, the crank pulley spins clock wise.
I already know that I have a reverse spin water pump or counter clockwise and the fan my only question is about the clutch I see they offer them and both reverse or counterclockwise and clockwise I always thought that they were bidirectional it really didn't matter. So if they salon clockwise and counterclockwise I have a counter clockwise serpentine kit on my engine does that mean you have to have a counter clockwise clutch. Am I making sense it's just about the clutch and had no idea they offered them in both directions

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the clutch only works in one direction, you need the counter clockwise clutch. The thermal part of the clutch doesn't care what way it spins but the clutch works partly based on the rpm.

Last edited:

Zzz

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
the clutch only works in one direction, you need the counter clockwise clutch. The thermal part of the clutch doesn't care what way it spins but the clutch works partly based on the rpm.
OK very interesting thanks million

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor