Clutch Fork Depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
Good evening folks. I am reaching out to you all for some feedback.... I am getting itchy close to installing my 4 speed into the Monte Carlo and I think I have hit a roadblock...:blam:

I purchased a 4 speed conversion kit from "The Parts Place". Everything is listed for a Gbody and the pedals, brackets, linkages etc all seem to be great. However when I installed my clutch fork into my 462606 Gbody Bellhousing tonight it appears that the "Parts Place" Gbody clutch fork doesnt reach around the input shaft far enough to properly engage the throw out bearing. Does anyone else have any information on this? From what I am seeing and from what you'll see in the photos listed below it doesnt reach as far as I feel it should based on my many years experience with manual transmissions and clutch forks. If anyone else has used this Gbody kit or has at least used the fork and has info on this reach issue that would be great. I am currently pulling my hair out trying to sift through thousands of google images with no luck on this issue....

20200701_220230.jpg

20200701_220738.jpg
20200701_220725.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
Problem solved! Lack of sleep and having to rush things bit me in the *ss once again. I thought the 3 times i installed it I had it on the ball correctly, turns out with the new stiff retainer on the fork it will hold it past the ball pivot dip and mimick it being in proper position. I verified the ball stud is where it should be sitting and all lines up well now! Thanks guys! Sorry for wasting your time!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor