Clutch pedal rod boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My car is an x-diesel/auto which was converted to a four speed by the previous owner. When I got the car there was no boot for the clutch pedal rod that passes through the firewall. I have purchased the correct boot from OPGI but am unsure how to correctly install it. I'm guessing it should go in from the inside of the car and stick through the firewall, but that's a guess. Can anyone confirm or does anyone have a picture of the boot installed on the car?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
There should be 2 dimples outside the rod hole to mark where the holes go. The originals used plastic retainer/trim pins & mounts on the engine side of the firewall. Wish I had pic to post.

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
IMG_20170227_232700063.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks Shane. I appreciate it. I'm surprised the retainers go in from the engine bay side of the firewall. That's ok though. It will be much easier to put the boot on that way.

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
Thanks Shane. I appreciate it. I'm surprised the retainers go in from the engine bay side of the firewall. That's ok though. It will be much easier to put the boot on that way.
Texas82GP my boot actually screws in to the firewall with a couple of sheet metal screws.
14886666877551104793877.jpg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Texas82GP my boot actually screws in to the firewall with a couple of sheet metal screws. View attachment 61829
Thanks Shane. That's exactly the same boot I bought. I also bought the O.E. style plastic push in retainers from OPGI. I'm glad it doesn't have to go in from the inside, under the firewall pad. That would be a PITA.

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
Thanks Shane. That's exactly the same boot I bought. I also bought the O.E. style plastic push in retainers from OPGI. I'm glad it doesn't have to go in from the inside, under the firewall pad. That would be a PITA.
No doubt bro. Pain in the *ss getting this one on . Gotta loosen the brake booster up to get to the top screw . My fingers to fat ! Lol

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
to make the job easier to secure the boot could you not use the U bolt that we use to install the mater clutch cylinder. You could use a larger washer for the boot and it's a one man job to tighten up the nuts

gm-clutch-master.jpg

KYMalibu

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2016
No doubt bro. Pain in the *ss getting this one on . Gotta loosen the brake booster up to get to the top screw . My fingers to fat ! Lol
to make the job easier to secure the boot could you not use the U bolt that we use to install the mater clutch cylinder. You could use a larger washer for the boot and it's a one man job to tighten up the nuts

View attachment 61845
Nice very nice !! Wish I had that one brother!!! Yea definitely help this ol guy out . But gotta use my ol Mexican tools (Man uel)for this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor