Clutch Pedal to Rod Bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Hey people, the bushing on the rod from the F body master clutch cylinder is missing 2 locking tabs so I need to change it. The only online place I see who has it, Classic Reproductions, takes weeks to ship something so that option isn't doable. Looks like my only option is to buy a new cylinder which comes with the bushing but I would rather not buy a $100 part for a $5 bushing. Have any of you got any ideas of any other bushing that works or any other idea of where I can get the bushing?

Thanks

it's the white bushing in the photo

SH5045__ra_p.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I broke the push rod on mine and replaced it, let me look in my stash and I'll see if I still have the old one and it's yours.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM does not sell the bushing separately that I can find ANYWHERE in the F-body parts book. No callout for it. Or I just suck and can't find the part number.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What year cylinder are you using? I found one for 3rd gen, but nothing for 4th gen. Could be the same bushing? Maybe not. I don't know.

3rd gen bushing/retainer piece is p/n 14091384. Found a few on fleabay.

$_61.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What year cylinder are you using? I found one for 3rd gen, but nothing for 4th gen. Could be the same bushing? Maybe not. I don't know.

3rd gen bushing/retainer piece is p/n 14091384. Found a few on fleabay.

$_61.JPG

yes that is the one I am looking for, I found it on Ebay but they want $39 for shipping plus the part so in C funds I'd be looking at around $65

the part number I found was G13206 but that might be the retailer part number......the numer you posted was also used on the W body

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Gmpartsdirect.com shows them as still a good number for GM. For $9.82 USD list price. I think that's about 145 CAD. haha

Usually, GMpartsdirect.com will be the FIRST ones to show when a number goes belly up. But they still list it as a good number.

If that's the case, can't you order up one or three from your local Canadian GM dealership? Free shipping to the dealer... :)

Tubman GM parts online in Canada says it ships fast from Ottawa.... $10.05. I'm guessing that's CAD.

Options. Plenty of options.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Gmpartsdirect.com shows them as still a good number for GM. For $9.82 USD list price. I think that's about 145 CAD. haha

Usually, GMpartsdirect.com will be the FIRST ones to show when a number goes belly up. But they still list it as a good number.

If that's the case, can't you order up one or three from your local Canadian GM dealership? Free shipping to the dealer... :)

Tubman GM parts online in Canada says it ships fast from Ottawa.... $10.05. I'm guessing that's CAD.

Options. Plenty of options.

thank you for the tip and link....with shipping and taxes it works out to about $30 so you are not far off from $145... :giggle: .....ssn696 was super nice to order me one and is sending it soon as it comes in....(y)

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this forum is great, while I was turning wrenches on the GP today, You guys and the popcorn make this forum awesome....:popcorn:

Thanks....🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor