Coat hanger pics please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack is there a tool or procedure that safely un-clips those things? In other news a friend of mine swears by old-lady-hairspray to make repairs. He says to slice an opening with a razor blade then spray the hair spray in. Hold it closed with a rolled up towel and when it dries it is fixed for good. He says the cheapest most lacquer-y spray is the best.
Mark,
You would think there's a tool to extract the clips without breaking them. I do recall you mentioning about the hairspray trick that your buddy recommended. I suppose it's worth a try. If it could be done without having the cuts showing, that would be great. The other alternative, of course, is to drop the headliner again and redo it. I'm certainly not looking forward to that.

vandall

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2015
Seattle, WA
Mark,
You would think there's a tool to extract the clips without breaking them. I do recall you mentioning about the hairspray trick that your buddy recommended. I suppose it's worth a try. If it could be done without having the cuts showing, that would be great. The other alternative, of course, is to drop the headliner again and redo it. I'm certainly not looking forward to that.
Jack, I seem to recall finding a diagram of the clip designs after I had replaced my headliner and maybe that would help you to attempt a clean removal.. I broke a lot of mine. If I can find that I will post it

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I seem to recall finding a diagram of the clip designs after I had replaced my headliner and maybe that would help you to attempt a clean removal.. I broke a lot of mine. If I can find that I will post it
Hi Randy,
In a recent thread, Mikester (Mich) posted a pic of the clips. at the time when I purchased some replacements clips, I should've purchased more of the side clips when they were available. I figured I wouldn't have to redo my headliner again anytime soon.
If I can find another clip for over the 1/4 windows, I'd like to have it duplicated by 3D printing. I have a few rear hatch moulding clips that I would also have duplicated.
This time I'm going to try and carefully remove the 1/4 window garnish mouldings by sliding them off and carefully extracting the clips. We'll see how that goes. That's why it's always prudent to have a few spares on hand.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor