Coilovers for street/strip Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
My TRZ control arms came in today and I’m having trouble deciding on a good set of front coilovers.
The car will have a fiberglass front clip and hood and an aluminum LS engine. I’ve seen the options listed on TRZ’s site but since they tend to cater more to pure race cars I’m thinking there could be some better options for a car that will be street driven.
I want to be able to get the front nice and low but also have enough adjustment to raise it when I’m driving it on the street.
I’m not sure what length shocks or spring rate I should be looking for.
I’d appreciate any advice and input on specific brands.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Call TRZ, Strange, Mark Williams. Get their recommendations, and make your best choice. Most coil overs will give you around 3" of ride height adjustment. For track & street duty, I would recommend a "double adjustable" coil over.

Reactions: 1 users

Tz44

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2012
Thanks. I was looking at the strange 4” on TRZ website. I’ll give them a call about spring rate for my setup but was also wanting some opinions from people that have used some different brands.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I have QA1 Pro Coil all the way around on my STREET car. I only did it for the adjustability, so I can put my ride height where I want it. My fronts are non-adjustable ( you purchase the coil with the spring rate that you want, and done ). They do have adjustable units though.

My rears are single adjustable ( original first design ). They now have a beefed up mounting bracket, and more options, including double adjustable units ).

QA1, TRZ, Afco, Strange, Viking, Mark Williams, Alden, Speedtech, Competition Engineering, Santhuff all have applications ( some custom fit, some universal ) for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor