Cold Air Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've got an 86 GP and I'm looking for a cold air box similar to what you see on nascars. Are they manufacured by any company or am I stuck making one myself. Any suggestions will be appreciated... 😀

With an intake at the rear of the breather?

http://www.ramairbox.com/models.html

...about mid way down. prices are also listed on there, but you have to click the seperate link...

85_SS said:
With an intake at the rear of the breather?

thanks...the 14x4WC model is real close cept I want the top open with a gromet around the top edge to meet the hood. I'm using the K&N filters, surround and top and I'd like to keep using them. I noticed that place is in Hamilton but all the prices are listed in US currency..

Thankd again... 😀

Just a little tip on those RamAir products. If you use HEI ignition you may have clearance problems.

The prices have come down from what I remember, but still pretty high for what it is. So do you want a cowl induction type air breather? There are sites that sell parts for this too, but I would have to dig them up. They are not open in the rear though, just on top.

I was looking for the rear cowl opening as as you pointed out I was concerned with the clearance over the HEI. I'll probably end up making one and forming a Y at the back fi i have any problems with clearance. I'll just have to cut two openings in the hood instead of one. I was thinking of a low scoop to mount onto the hood but I want to keep the vehicle as inconspicuous as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor