Cold Case Radiator Failure - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys,

I've had a Cold Case rad in for about 2 years and 2 months and this thing has failed. I installed it in July 2019 and it was fine for a few months but I kept smelling coolant. Kept checking fittings. Had it pressure tested at a shop and they claimed to tighten a few fittings, replace hose clamps and sent me on my way. Now coolant is hitting the ground and you can see green in the fins. The failure appears to be where the core meets the tank on the passenger side.

I'm only posting to share my experience, which is obviously disappointing. By reading their lifetime warranty claim on their website they have plenty of outs to absolve themselves. Then I get stuck paying $60 each way to ship it and my car experiences weeks of downtime.

Any recommendations for replacements are welcome

IMG_7948.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

eric_cspan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2019
Why don't you give us a call first before looking elsewhere? There are options for you so the car is not 'down'
And it's nowhere near $60 each way, so don't let that deter you either. Call and one of the guys should be able to help. Just have a copy of your receipt handy

• Winner
Reactions: 17 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
10-minute response from the manufacturer. They are paying attention. Looking forward to a report-out on how Cold Case helps resolve the case.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
10-minute response from the manufacturer. They are paying attention. Looking forward to a report-out on how Cold Case helps resolve the case.
When The over flow nipple broke when I was trying to remove it for one of the proper O.D. to match the what the original rads had I contacted them to ensure I wasn't voiding the warranty to fix it. I beleive I was in contact with eric_cspan about it & did offer to send a replacement nipple to fix it but I used the brass on I had on hand. Was a good interaction over it to ensure everything was going to be warrantied just in case that time would come. I even posted the repair here.

Reactions: 1 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Why don't you give us a call first before looking elsewhere? There are options for you so the car is not 'down'
And it's nowhere near $60 each way, so don't let that deter you either. Call and one of the guys should be able to help. Just have a copy of your receipt handy

(y)

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I didn't expect that. I really thought this post was going into the abyss of the internet.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Called Cold Case and sent pics. They're sending a new unit and all I have to pay is shipping ($40).

Overthinking is one of my super powers 🦸‍♂️

• Winner
Reactions: 16 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Overthinking is one of my super powers 🦸‍♂️
And NOT thinking is one of mine.

I'm glad Cold Case is, er, on the case! Good luck with your replacement. THIS is how it should work, when reasonable companies take reasonable actions to satisfy a customer.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
That's what I'm talking about. Sponsors getting involved. Way to step up Cold Case.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor