Cold Case Radiator Failure - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
That's what I'm talking about. Sponsors getting involved. Way to step up Cold Case.

Well let's pump the brakes here. On Thursday(9/16) I talked to them and it was all easy breazy. "Pleny of those in stock. Probably shipping out tomorrow. You'll see a charge on your card. Make sure to check your junk email folder for the 'Quantum View' notification for shipping. It'll be there quick because you're just up in Buffalo".

So I check all day friday, nothing. I check all day monday, nothing. I call them at the end of business monday and this same guy John is getting snippy with me and doing and about face. "I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER SHIPPING." And a list of other excuses and odd statements. So as of business close today, 5 days later I still have nothing. No charge, no shipping.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Cold Case = 1 step forward + 2 steps backward. I hope my math is wrong...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well...it will be interesting if they show back up in the thread to answer this new wrinkle. If they don't, they'll go in the same pile of POS vendors as the rest of them. Maybe they're going to treat your warranty like Car Shield does....find every way in the book not to make things right.

I take that back about the vendor stepping up. Sounds more like they're stepping back. Not a good look. If I need a radiator, it'll probably be someone else who actually gives a flying f** about the customer and making sh*t right.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Sooo.... what's the latest on this radiator warranty issue?

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Wow. Glad to see the REAL VENDOR (non)response before spending any money on one for the '70...

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pshh. Looks like all the rest of the pack from here. They get your money, then f**k you, you're on your own. It's odd because I've heard good things about them, then this. Hopefully it's a one-off. Because if it's not...I can predict a sales slump ahead.

*crickets* The response, or lack thereof, should tell you what you need to know. If they said yeah, we'll do this, that or the other, but it will take a bit of time because of (fill in here)... then I could maybe understand because they're upfront about it. But when they tell you one thing, then do the opposite, and then get all pi$$y about it - not cool. Kicking cans down the road and not solving problems is for the governments to do, not private businesses.

Does John run the company? That's where I'd start. If John's in customer service or sales, he's doing it wrong and needs to be working at a school cafeteria instead. The word salad he gives you should include an expected ship date with a track number or order number or something. And if anything changes, they SHOULD notify you at least.

Why does every company think that the only thing that matters to people is the product they're hawking? Reasonable customer service, especially when things go wrong, is likely half the reason people shop with your dumb azz anyway. Yet they want to argue with customers and get mad about it because the customer base is picking on them...so sad. You're working for the customers, and today, news spreads fast. Faster if it's bad news.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I was waiting to see the outcome on this issue, before ordering a radiator for the Salon. I bought a Champion 3 core for my car 2 days ago.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I was truly hoping this was going to turn out better for the consumer because I myself am looking for a radiator for my 1987SS drag car build

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor