Cold start with 383 fueled by Holley EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Here is a short Video of a cold start with Terminator throttle body EFI. Can't get over how fast it starts and by the throttle response. Thanks for Watching!

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Damn that stroker sounds healthy man, good job!!! That's one thing I love about having efi is the throttle response vs when I ran my demon carb which was very tuned for my application.
Side note....when I 1st converted to efi 8 or 9 years ago I did it in my parents gravel driveway. Needless to say I wasn't prepared for the throttle response on the first test drive and had to rake a good bit of gravel afterwards lol!
Thanks for posting the video!
Scott

Reactions: 2 users

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Damn that stroker sounds healthy man, good job!!! That's one thing I love about having efi is the throttle response vs when I ran my demon carb which was very tuned for my application.
Side note....when I 1st converted to efi 8 or 9 years ago I did it in my parents gravel driveway. Needless to say I wasn't prepared for the throttle response on the first test drive and had to rake a good bit of gravel afterwards lol!
Thanks for posting the video!
Scott
Thanks Man I forgot I made this Video until I was Cleaning up my phone. I forgot how nasty it sounds when I tap the throttle. Lol I can about Imagine I would have been tearing up the gravel road. My wife was afraid I was going to lose my license the first time she rode in it. And no problem glad you enjoyed it!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks Man I forgot I made this Video until I was Cleaning up my phone. I forgot how nasty it sounds when I tap the throttle. Lol I can about Imagine I would have been tearing up the gravel road. My wife was afraid I was going to lose my license the first time she rode in it. And no problem glad you enjoyed it!
Nice....yeah it gave me flashbacks of my efi motor before it died! I have a couple videos of it on my "87 cutlass efi build thread"....pg. 7. After watching your video I had to go back and reminisce to help soothe the pain until I have a fresh motor built.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Nice....yeah it gave me flashbacks of my efi motor before it died! I have a couple videos of it on my "87 cutlass efi build thread"....pg. 7. After watching your video I had to go back and reminisce to help soothe the pain until I have a fresh motor built.
I will have to check it out. What happend to your engine?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I will have to check it out. What happend to your engine?
Had a very small crack on the driver side of the block.....did a solid repair (I thought) but had a fuel restriction issue on the 1st fire up after 3 years of sitting! Block got too hot and the repair failed. My dumbass didn't change the fuel filters(I have pre and post on my a1000) or get the injectors cleaned.....my fault, I took the heat. I have all the parts to build another 355, just need $1000 to get the block machined but I've wanted to throw a stroker in for a long time so I will cross the bridge when my cutlass comes home after paint.

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Had a very small crack on the driver side of the block.....did a solid repair (I thought) but had a fuel restriction issue on the 1st fire up after 3 years of sitting! Block got too hot and the repair failed. My dumbass didn't change the fuel filters(I have pre and post on my a1000) or get the injectors cleaned.....my fault, I took the heat. I have all the parts to build another 355, just need $1000 to get the block machined but I've wanted to throw a stroker in for a long time so I will cross the bridge when my cutlass comes home after paint.
Dam man that sucks hope you get an engine put togther soon. I wish I would have built a 427 stroker with the Dart SHP block instead. Maybe next time around.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

ZZ4CutlaSS

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2011
Minnesota
Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Man, that engine sounds sweet! So, you have to wait for the pump to kick on and the computer to boot up every time, right? It was a little over 10 seconds. That's not a very bad drawback for the tunability, flexibility and control you get from a good EFI setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor