Not open for further replies.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hi! When the Weather in Boston dips below 60° she has a b*tch of a time
Getting going.

Once she is warm after a choky start 3 minutes perhaps 4 minutes. That sweet
267 small block. Starts to gain momentum. And it’s great.

Where do I begin to fix this issue! Thanks Dez

Attachments

• D961AE2C-8818-4D07-BDC8-5A798559B631.jpeg
    D961AE2C-8818-4D07-BDC8-5A798559B631.jpeg
    866.1 KB · Views: 71

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Choke not set correctly, dirty, or carburator could use some cleaning as well... inside the venturies, idle air bleeds(passages) and outside with some carburetor cleaner.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Probably not helpful, but, every gbody, heck, even truck, that I had that was a carb I had to warm it up while parked for a minute or two, giving it *slight* throttle helped speed it up a bit.

Basically, I started it, gave light throttle until the idle went from slight chug/lopey to smooth, then drove. That was every winter in the Berkshires until relocating south.

Not sure if that's what you're experiencing or not, but, it was just a difference between FI and Carb to me. Just chalked it up to winter driving and didn't waste money or fudging settings by the season to alter it

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Probably not helpful, but, every gbody, heck, even truck, that I had that was a carb I had to warm it up while parked for a minute or two, giving it *slight* throttle helped speed it up a bit.

Basically, I started it, gave light throttle until the idle went from slight chug/lopey to smooth, then drove. That was every winter in the Berkshires until relocating south.

Not sure if that's what you're experiencing or not, but, it was just a difference between FI and Carb to me. Just chalked it up to winter driving and didn't waste money or fudging settings by the season to alter it
Thanks. That sounds about it.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Choke not set correctly, dirty, or carburator could use some cleaning as well... inside the venturies, idle air bleeds(passages) and outside with some carburetor cleaner.
Thanks Ernest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor