Color question

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Does anyone know if 83/84 hurst olds maple interior has any matching color with a different name across the gm gbody line
I’ve heard claret from some and I’ve heard carmine red from others … I’ve also heard there isn’t a matching color.
Thank you

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
They have it listed in different places as Maple and Dark Maple, depending on where you look. That's from Oldsmobile. Some other divisions named stuff with different names just to be different, but 77 was the color code for that color in 1984, regardless of any name.

Every other color is "close". It's never the same.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'll add the 77 Dark Maple that was used on the '84's was also the same for '81 & '83 with our cars. I'm not 100% on what other platorms used this color but '81 X cars used it.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'll add that none of the commonly available repro stuff is the correct color for 81/83/84 maple.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'll add that none of the commonly available repro stuff is correct for just about anything under the sun..
sorry Brian,it was broeken...
Hiding Josephgilgun GIF by Sky

• Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor