Comp Cams 12-211-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
Been looking for cams recently. Don't want anything too crazy, but just something with a little lope.

Current engine is the GM crate 350/290HP w/headers, edelbrock intake and carb.

For those with this - Did you keep stock stall, or upgrade to a 2000? And did you upgrade springs too?

Been going stir crazy sitting inside, so lots of build plans going though my mind 🤪

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Been looking for cams recently. Don't want anything too crazy, but just something with a little lope.

Current engine is the GM crate 350/290HP w/headers, edelbrock intake and carb.

For those with this - Did you keep stock stall, or upgrade to a 2000? And did you upgrade springs too?

Been going stir crazy sitting inside, so lots of build plans going though my mind 🤪

Thanks!
Is that a non vortec, flat tappet engine? If so I've got a brand new comp 268xfi cam and lifters that would be a good upgrade from stock. It's not super wild, should give a decent slope, and a 2200-2400 converter would be perfect. It would probably give that engine a good 50hp bump too.

Reactions: 1 users

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
Is that a non vortec, flat tappet engine? If so I've got a brand new comp 268xfi cam and lifters that would be a good upgrade from stock. It's not super wild, should give a decent slope, and a 2200-2400 converter would be perfect. It would probably give that engine a good 50hp bump too.

That's right. Non vortec/flat tappet.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You might be a little disappointed in that cam, it has the same duration you now have w/ about .020 more lift. You could pick up .030 lift on your present cam going to 1.6 rockers. I personally don't like second guessing the manufactures rocker arm ratio. You also need to keep in mind you only have 8.0 to 1 compression.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor