Complete LQ9 swap to cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCutlassGT406

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2015
ok I know there's already a million threads started on this topic but I can't seem to find answers to my questions. I'm looking to swap a complete lq9/4l60 into my cutlass. As for right now I just want to get it in and running. I've heard the stock intake and accessories will fit depending on what mounts are used? Pros and cons to moving the engine forward or backwards? What headers to use when going forward or backward? What oil pan? Can I still use my 200r4 crossmember? Hopefully someone can show me the light cause all I am is confused right now....

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
ok I know there's already a million threads started on this topic but I can't seem to find answers to my questions. I'm looking to swap a complete lq9/4l60 into my cutlass. As for right now I just want to get it in and running. I've heard the stock intake and accessories will fit depending on what mounts are used? Pros and cons to moving the engine forward or backwards? What headers to use when going forward or backward? What oil pan? Can I still use my 200r4 crossmember? Hopefully someone can show me the light cause all I am is confused right now....
You will most likely need a 700r4/4L60e crossmember.
From what I've heard the Holley motor mounts put it the lowest. I don't know what that means for accessory clearance. Holley and Brp have whole kits that include mounts, crossmembers, headers, etc. They should work well together in theory. The reason I bought 1" setback mounts was that I read that is what was needed when using an older style transmission. You shouldn't have that problem.
Header options are pacesetter 98-02 camaro long tubes, S10 swap shorties, or the pricier direct fit hedmans or hookers.

SuperCutlassGT406

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2015
My car has 2in drop spindles up front. Does the LH8 oil pan hang too low for this? Would fbody pan be a better choice or the rediculasly expensive ctsv pan? Lol

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
I'm running BRP engine mounts, I slightly modified a 200r4 crossmember to work (mind you I'm running a th400). As far as the BRP mounts go you cant run the truck accessories, have to run vette, gto or f body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor