COMPLETE LS SWAP MPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
We took a trip from Omaha to Las Vegas a few days ago and averaged almost 22 mpg going 75-80. The swap is a 5.3 from an 05 Silverado. That includes running AC full time and mountain passes. The last part of the trip from Salina, Ut to Vegas was right above 19, which my average speed was around 85-87 and some very steep inclines coming out of Salina. I thought this was pretty excellent. I’m running 20” Camaro wheels with low rear end gears and a good tune. New O2 sensors as well.

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sounds great. All that plus a little better power than stock as well? Can't beat it with a stick. Well, you could, but the body work bill would be astronomical to fix.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I’d be very happy with that, especially considering the difference in power over stock. I read somewhere that a ‘55 Chevy with a 6.2L E-Rod swap got about 23 mpg highway.

I would be thrilled with that level of FE in my wagon, considering it probably gets less than that with the wheezy stock V-6. What rear end ratio are you running?

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
Yes, 4l60e with stock 2.73s I believe is what it is. I drove 2005+ Cad STS’s and even their v-6 couldn’t do that. The best I ever got with those 8s were 18 and I’d have to do 65 to get it. The only thing I’d like to do is increase the gears. I overheated going up a mountain in Utah and I wonder if that had anything to do with it. But, posted this so people knew what was going on. I’m a stickler for efficiency and mpg.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
if you tell us the tire size and rear end gear ratio, transmission type and does it have lock-up converter. we can tell you the rest

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
Tell me the rest about what? 245/35/20, 273 and 4l60e. Not sure on converter. All stock 05 Silverado.
if you tell us the tire size and rear end gear ratio, transmission type and does it have lock-up converter. we can tell you the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor