Computer behind passage side kick panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Chamberlain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2018
Knoxville TN 37914
I just got my first ever 85 monte carlo ss Sunday and i seen check engine light stays on and bd1 port dosent work google problem and seen its probably the memory chip in the computer well i pulled cover off computer today and first thing i seen was a white line coming from computer but wasnt connect to anything upon looking this white line over notice it looks alot like a vacuum line can anyone help

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

John Chamberlain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2018
Knoxville TN 37914
There a small white hose that runs out of the top of the computer from connecter closest to the the firewall it looks like a vacuum line and its not connected to anything and i dont see where it would go do u know what it could b

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
As Fleming said, need to short A to B on the ODB1 connector and count the flashes OR get a reader to determine what is wrong?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hope Brian doesn't mind. We cannot debug over the internet and you really have no choice but to do some homework if you are going to figure this out? Or, shell out some coin, and take the car to a shop?

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
There are no vacuum hoses of any kind that connect directly to the computer.

Are there 2 bundles of wires plugged into it, 2 big connectors with lots of wires?

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Mine doesn't either but I was reading on the internet [and you know everything on the internet is the truth . . . :ROFLMAO:!] but "some" gbodies have a baro sensor line coming out of the ecm that runs up behind the glove box. If he has a vaccuum line coming out of his ecm, that has to be what it is?

Or it's the completely wrong ecm for the car and that is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor