Computer/ECM harness question

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hi folks...I need some more clarification. The car I have, and 86 monte, and I got it with no ECM, which is fine. I want to remove all the wiring from the engine bay that relates to the computer. Heres a pic of the wiring once I removed it from the car. Like I said the ecm is missing, so Im assuming the solid black/blue connector and the solid black connector went to the ecm, cause the one with the 2 clear ends on it, went to a harness that went up under the dash. I just want to make sure Im removing the right stuff. Im going to take an un-educated guess and say the black/blue, and the other black on are the ones. Just want to be sure. Thanks much appreciated.

ecm.jpg

yes the the clear and the blue connecter (the wide 2) go to the ecm and the other connecter goes to a plug under the dash

You mean the 2 black ones, one of which has blue part across the top of it? The skinny harness has the 2 clear connectors on the end of it, they are the ones that went up under the dash.

watchdog said:
You mean the 2 black ones, one of which has blue part across the top of it? The skinny harness has the 2 clear connectors on the end of it, they are the ones that went up under the dash.

right the 2 black ones went to the ecu

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor