Concert Sound door panel install modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The factory inner skins have dimples where the CSII holes are, from what I recall. Maybe the earlier years won’t have that though. I did this conversion to my 87’ back in 2004. The factory just cuts regular door panels to fit the pods too. I’ll have to look at pics but if buying decent 5.25” speakers they will be too big for the stock plastic brackets anyways. Been 17 years so I might be mis-remembering.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Also run quality speaker wire thru the door boot while you have it apart .the cheap stuff will fail quickly with all the opening and closing of the doors.
Will do. I have it already

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Search concert sound door cut out on this forum. Under my old username 44whoo Brian from gbody parts offered to send pics. I don't remember if I ever took him up on the offer but I think the inner panels have indents like the motor bolts do.
I had found that thread before asking the question, and no, you did not take him up on the pics.( At least they weren't posted ).
Classic industries had a complete repro kit for 100 if you can't come up with anything
Thanks for that.
OPGI offers that set up
Thanks for that. I posted in the Wanted section of this forum. If I can't find originals for a fair price, I will buy them new.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Paul, If you have pics, I would love to see them.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Paul, If you have pics, I would love to see them.

Knew I had them somewhere. Too bad the photo quality isn't that great. I'm curious if I used the stock brackets, cut them to fit or didn't use them. Not sure I want to pull my door panels but this weekend I could possibly and take better pics.

CSIIcut.jpg

CSIIspeaker.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor