MONTE CARLO Condenser Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weldingiron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2019
Good Evening All!

I recently purchased an AC upgrade kit from Original Air and attempted to begin the install today. I quickly hit a wall as I realized that the upper mounts for the condenser must have been removed years ago with the rest of the AC components. Apparently the part (GM Part Number 467321) has been discontinued and locating an aftermarket source is proving difficult. I am planning on fabricating one for it but am looking for direction. As you can see in the picture there are plenty of holes along the sides and top to secure it, but the factory brackets have rubber on them, I assume to dampen vibration. The bottom rubber pieces are still in place, so should it be sufficient to secure it with metal brackets or do I need to incorporate rubber into the upper mounts as well? Thanks in advance!

Todd

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe post here in the wanted section, since plenty of people rip out the ac case and put a plate there they would probably have no use for condenser mounts either.

Weldingiron

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 25, 2019
I appreciate you breaking your rule; I'll work on that post count! I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money with them being used so decided to check out the local junkyard and was lucky enough to find some for a little of nothing.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, that's because it was the only listing on ebay AND the most damning part was the fact that they came out of a GN or Turbo Regal or some crap like that, so the owner immediately thought they were made out of gold poop. When in reality they were only used in about 40 million other G-bodies.

Tip- the newer cross flow condensers are thinner in that clamping region due to their manufacturing dimensions. So if you have a newer condenser and not OEM, you may need to adjust the spread of the clamps.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor