Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
A half inch in what direction?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Ok, ordered my clam shell enginr mounts and frame motor mounts from Summit. Finally go arounf to pulling the V6 and attempted to install the V8. Mounted the frame,mounts,and lowered the engine. Spent 4 hours trying to get engine to align with the mounts. Still not in. I mounted both with the 4th bolt hole hanging over the front of the engine cradle. Seems to anout a 1/2 inch from being able to align up. I'm lost with what to do. The frame mounts are mounted exactly as on the exple picture. What coikd I possibky be doing wrong? I'm thinking that Summitt sent some screwed up motor mounts. Need your advice HELP.
I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. I used the Anchor 2292 motor mounts on the frame and GM clamshells that were identical to the OER 332648 brackets. Here is a shot with the mounts on the frame...
P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

My engine just sat right down on the mounts....
20171230_161952.jpg

20180123_180901-1612x1209.jpg

pagrunt had a lot of trouble getting his mounts to line up in his chassis. I don't remember the resolution. Maybe he will chime in. I hope these pictures will help.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Ok, ordered my clam shell enginr mounts and frame motor mounts from Summit. Finally go arounf to pulling the V6 and attempted to install the V8. Mounted the frame,mounts,and lowered the engine. Spent 4 hours trying to get engine to align with the mounts. Still not in. I mounted both with the 4th bolt hole hanging over the front of the engine cradle. Seems to anout a 1/2 inch from being able to align up. I'm lost with what to do. The frame mounts are mounted exactly as on the exple picture. What coikd I possibky be doing wrong? I'm thinking that Summitt sent some screwed up motor mounts. Need your advice HELP.

pagrunt had a lot of trouble getting his mounts to line up in his chassis. I don't remember the resolution. Maybe he will chime in. I hope these pictures will help.
I thought I noted the resolution in the thread about the pain I was having. This is what happened, I installed a set of Energy Suspension mounts in a good set of Anchor metal shells-ignored their instruction doing so. Fast forward to getting the 350 in the frame & I had issues getting them to drop in. Tried with an extra set of block side with same issues. Pulled them & got a new set of Anchors on the frame to find out they're poor quality China made junk. Read the ES instructions, reinstalled loose, all is good.
What you might want to do regardless of OE type or Poly, don't snug the frame side down until after getting the the two long mount bolts in. This way you'll have some play to adjust the the frame side to accept the block side with the bolts installed. I kept the hoist attached to the engine to ensure I got every squared then droped it & snugged everything down.
With the poly mounts I had to keep everything really loose to allow the block side to clear the saftey bars/tabs (what ever they correct name for the metal inners), which was my original issue. I drop the block & one side sat in, the sat on. Another note is I did this with out the body on the frame which gave me more room to access the bolts. I used grade 8 9/16 flanged head bolts with flanged lock nuts when I put the mounts in, in my opinion this made things easier for me.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor