Confused about carpet color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My 1984 base 2dr Cutlass supreme was factory dark blue carpet and seats and a lighter blue dash and headliner and upper trim. Car was a light metallic blue with dark blue top. I pulled the carpet that was trashed out and found tags on the bottom I kept for when it came time to order new carpet.
The number on the tags is 7039 dark Carmine. That is a red. How would I find what number I should order. It looks like stock interiors 840 navy blue. But I want to be sure
IMG_20180930_181405.jpg
IMG_20190323_143801~2.jpg

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
The tag under the trunk had been painted over so it's useless. I matched the 840 color to the carpet on bottom of doors. Figured it wouldn't be faded or changed from water

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Stock Interiors will send you free carpet samples just get some blues from them that look close and find the one that matches when you do a side by side comparison.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Stock Interiors will send you free carpet samples just get some blues from them that look close and find the one that matches when you do a side by side comparison.
I order a bunch of the blue color samples and matched up to the carpet on the bottom of the doors. The floor carpet was faded badly and rotted from having water on it. I was trying to find the factory blue number since my tag is wrong

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The OE number will have no correlation to anything offered today. Get samples, order from ACC through rockauto. Buy the Mass backed carpet. Best place to check color is under rear seat cushion, never gets sunlight.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor