Gainesville, Fl
Congratulations James.
Well deserved win.... (y)

Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Thanks to ALL who voted, and responded. I am humbled with all of your compliments. Here's a little more of the car.

IMG_9850.JPG

IMG_9851.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

IMG_9854.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
James, I’m kinda digging that console you’ve got in there. What’s it out of/from??

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Also is that a push button start on the console?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
James, I’m kinda digging that console you’ve got in there. What’s it out of/from??
It's out of a 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix. There are (3) different trim levels of these consoles, but this one is the easiest to work with. It does require some effort, as the stock Grand Prix shifter is integrated into the console, and must be removed, if you want to run a GBody shifter. The Grand Prix shifter can be used in a 4-speed overdrive application, but it was too bulky for my liking. The GBody shifter must also be modified a little to work, as it needs to fit the shift lever "opening" of the console. This required moving it over and back a little bit. I elongated the mounting holes in the GBody shifter to make it fit. The console is all plastic, and very lightweight. It is overall a little taller than a GBody console, which gives the shifter a "shorty" look. I get questions about the console regularly.
Also is that a push button start on the console?
This is my trunk release button. The Grand Prix console had a Traction Control button in this location. I enlarged the hole just slightly, and fit the "small" GM trunk release button here.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
It's out of a 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix. There are (3) different trim levels of these consoles, but this one is the easiest to work with. It does require some effort, as the stock Grand Prix shifter is integrated into the console, and must be removed, if you want to run a GBody shifter. The Grand Prix shifter can be used in a 4-speed overdrive application, but it was too bulky for my liking. The GBody shifter must also be modified a little to work, as it needs to fit the shift lever "opening" of the console. This required moving it over and back a little bit. I elongated the mounting holes in the GBody shifter to make it fit. The console is all plastic, and very lightweight. It is overall a little taller than a GBody console, which gives the shifter a "shorty" look. I get questions about the console regularly.

This is my trunk release button. The Grand Prix console had a Traction Control button in this location. I enlarged the hole just slightly, and fit the "small" GM trunk release button here.

Basically doing the same with my fifth gen camaro console, has a traction control button I would like to delete and put in a push button start. Trying to iron out all the other stuff first, maybe do this over the winter once I get some driving in instead of just dragging it out even further. Got to be ready for the Pizza Power Tour

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor