Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks awesome Jack! Congrats!
Thank you, Victor.
I hope your project is moving right along and making significant progress.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congrats Jack!

I'd like to see a closer picture of the front fender w/ emblem..
I hope this one is close enough. If not, I can get a closer shot.
MVC-897S.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

79longroof

Greasemonkey
Jan 6, 2018
Congrats Jack! Car looks incredible! I can only hope I'll have mine looking that good one of these days. I also never knew you had a Grand Am dash in it! Looks amazing!

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Totally a fan of the tucked bumpers! Are they just stock steel ones cut down and painted silver?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Congrats Jack! Car looks incredible! I can only hope I'll have mine looking that good one of these days. I also never knew you had a Grand Am dash in it! Looks amazing!
It's actually a Grand Prix dash. At the time it was easier to find a nice GP dash compared to a Malibu, Monte Carlo, El Camino dash. Besides, I prefer the style over the Chevy dash.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Totally a fan of the tucked bumpers! Are they just stock steel ones cut down and painted silver?
Jacob,
Thanks man. They are just stock bumpers with a few slices cut out and rewelded. The rear bumper, I cut approx. 3.5" out of the center. and for the front, a took a little slice off of each side. I also welded in the bumper bolts and made them flush to the bumper itself, and also had to cut and re-drill the reinforcement bar.
It was definitely involved. I also had to enlarge the bumper adjustment slots to make them more adjustable for up and down movement.
The silver paint I used was for a Dodge truck, single stage urethane. I chose it because it actually has a slight touch of gold in it, which I thought would help complement the Chrysler Cool Vanilla body color. Cool Vanilla is almost more ivory color. I actually came up with that idea after seeing some pickups and SUVs with the lower body sections painted silver or light gold.

Were you thinking of modifying the bumpers on the wagon?

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Jacob,
Thanks man. They are just stock bumpers with a few slices cut out and rewelded. The rear bumper, I cut approx. 3.5" out of the center. and for the front, a took a little slice off of each side. I also welded in the bumper bolts and made them flush to the bumper itself, and also had to cut and re-drill the reinforcement bar.
It was definitely involved. I also had to enlarge the bumper adjustment slots to make them more adjustable for up and down movement.
The silver paint I used was for a Dodge truck, single stage urethane. I chose it because it actually has a slight touch of gold in it, which I thought would help complement the Chrysler Cool Vanilla body color. Cool Vanilla is almost more ivory color. I actually came up with that idea after seeing some pickups and SUVs with the lower body sections painted silver or light gold.

Were you thinking of modifying the bumpers on the wagon?

Thanks for the info!

I am looking to do the tucked bumper thing on my wagon, yes. Not any time real soon, but the chrome is flaking off the rear bumper and I think tucking them and painting would solve the problem well.

The century bumpers are a bit larger than malibu's I think so I might have to do some more mods (cut the corners down too to match the woodgrain trim), but should be doable.

Ill have to keep that project in the back of my mind :)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor