Congrats Rktpwrd! Red/White/Blue Interiors

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Congrats man! What's the story with the silver inlays everywhere? What did you do to get that look?

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Congrats man! What's the story with the silver inlays everywhere? What did you do to get that look?
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thank you!

It wasn’t difficult really, the original wood grain patterns were worn and ratty looking when I bought the car (plus I’m really not a fan of “wood” in a car), so I just removed the panels one by one thoroughly cleaned, prepped and painted them.

The color is VHT “High Performance Graphite” grey wheel paint straight outta the spray can, and matches my wheels and one of my soon to be two tone colors pretty closely.

594323F0-BDBC-4E5F-A0B7-3C8BBC626314.jpeg

A8AC3FCF-E325-45CE-A499-6E433C9A8873.jpeg

5A445959-4230-4CA9-847E-608F1A670688.jpeg

Once the panels were painted, I went back and outlined the edges with a silver Sharpie (of all things!) to replicate the original chrome borders. It makes for a nice contrast IMO. I think the two greys being so close to each other should make for a nice cohesive theme throughout the car when it’s done.

Appreciate the comments!

Reactions: 5 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Good job they look much nicer than wood grain! Also those are the best looking 14" factory wheels from any gbody.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good job they look much nicer than wood grain! Also those are the best looking 14" factory wheels from any gbody.

Thanks, they’re among my favourite factory wheels too! I put a lot of time into restoring them, and I’m very happy with how they turned out.

In case you (or anyone else) is interested, the build details to date are in my build thread on here, search “Project Olds Cool”.

Reactions: 2 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Gray is how they decided to do the 87 442 interior "wood" [plastic]. But I like it . . . bought some CF wrap to change it but cannot decide to actually do it.

Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Gray is how they decided to do the 87 442 interior "wood" [plastic]. But I like it . . . bought some CF wrap to change it but cannot decide to actually do it.

Congrats!
Not just gray, but SHEFFIELD gray. Probably named after PPG paint color by the same name....and color, actually. Or it could be the other way around. I don't know. Probably the geek in the corner who designed the 87 442 dash trim... never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor