GBOTM Congrats UNGN! - March '18

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Congrats!! I've been loving that Poncho since the first time I saw it.

Sid R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2018
Several years ago I would see one of those sitting in the employee parking area at the Sam's Club in West Wichita.
Just a daily driver; but not beyond fixing. Only one I've ever seen in person. Interesting rare cars.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Super cool-looking car. It's hard to tell from pics if it's a hatch or notchback. I found a photo with the trunk open. Wow, what a tiny opening! I guess you don't buy these things for practicality.

862p2_rr.jpg

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Super cool-looking car. It's hard to tell from pics if it's a hatch or notchback. I found a photo with the trunk open. Wow, what a tiny opening! I guess you don't buy these things for practicality.

That's what wagons are for...

For UNGN, it's the perfect car...to go very, very fast!

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When we first built the car, we had the guy who put in the cage, put in the 22 gallon fuel cell (which has its own little cage around it). Being a dirt track stock car guy, he centered the Fuel cell and its cage vertically with the frame rails, for maximum protection (from other stock cars crashing into it)

This made the top of the fuel cell about 8" above the trunk floor, so the spare tire had about 6 inches to lay flat on top of the fuel cells cage. We used an aluminum 17" Corvette spare.

ve_got_mail.jpg

We have since lowered the fuel cell cage about 5 inches, so at least we don't have leave the flat tire on the side of the road after putting on the spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor