Convert 87 cutlass supreme w/euro front clip to older style front

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
I have an 87 cutlass supreme with the euro front end. I prefer the older model style. Would the okder style clip qnd headlight assemblies easily fit to my 87 or would it require some extra work? I only want to change because i prefer the more aggressive style headlights and im unable to find any aftermarket options when it come to headlights like the oracle color shift for example. If anyone knows of a compny that makes the aftermarket euro style in simething like in this photo that would also work
Screenshot_20220927_160614_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220927_160608_Chrome.jpg

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Yeah you just need to change over to the earlier header panel for it to work. I did that on my 87, there will be some wiring involved at the connections to the headlights but its just a matter of putting some difference connectors on there. If you are wanting to go with that aftermarket light then you might have to anyway so no worries there. I would post up a wanted add to see if anyone on here has the 4 headlight header panel for sale if you dont have one already

Reactions: 1 user

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
Yeah you just need to change over to the earlier header panel for it to work. I did that on my 87, there will be some wiring involved at the connections to the headlights but its just a matter of putting some difference connectors on there. If you are wanting to go with that aftermarket light then you might have to anyway so no worries there. I would post up a wanted add to see if anyone on here has the 4 headlight header panel for sale if you dont have one already
Ok cool ty for the info i will make a post looking for one... now another question ws the positioning and clearances behind the header panel pre 87 the same as the euro panel? Im building a face car and most of the fabrication has been finished with turbos being mounted behind the grille

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Pretty much the same clearances. There may be a couple of places that it's a little different because it's not exactly configured the same as the older ones, but pretty much yeah, they use the same bumper shocks meaning the bumper placement is exactly the same.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Fortunately for you, the euro header pieces are highly sought after. After selling what you have and buying the 81-86 header..... should be up around $500 or more.

• Agree

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
Fortunately for you, the euro header pieces are highly sought after. After selling what you have and buying the 81-86 header..... should be up around $500 or more.
Yea ive noticed that the euro heder is super sought after. I lersonally think the 4eye looks more aggressive and the euro is straight grandpa mode lol

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
Im just concerned that as im building a race car and the turbo kits have already been fabbed with turbos mounted behind cirren euro grilles that i wont have same fit and clearances with the older header.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You should be fine. In fact, you may even gain a fraction behind the earlier grilles since they sort of arc outward more than the straight up and down 87/88 grilles. After this storm passes, if I get out to the shop I'll do some spot check measurements. I have an 84, 85, and 87.

Reactions: 1 users

buckcity614

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 27, 2022
You should be fine. In fact, you may even gain a fraction behind the earlier grilles since they sort of arc outward more than the straight up and down 87/88 grilles. After this storm passes, if I get out to the shop I'll do some spot check measurements. I have an 84, 85, and 87.
That sounds amazing. I truly appreciate that.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Any chance you are near NC? I’ll gladly trade fronts it you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor