Converter lockup wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I’m curious if anyone can direct me to a simple method of locking up the converter on this 200c transmission

I search for it with no luck

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I had a 1983 T-350-C with lockup. On the side of the transmission case was a four cavity plug. Of the four wires that went to it one was 12 volts switched ignition from the PCM. The other was a ground. By grounding that wire it locked up. The way it works is the lockup 12 volt wire was energized at all times in RUN. So when the engine was at operating temp, the brakes were NOT on, and the MAP sensor knew you were just floating along, then the PCM grounded the ground wire. All it is is a solenoid inside the case that plugs a fluid line. Also in there is a high gear switch so it only works in high gear or overdrive. I just ran 12 volts ignition switched to the one wire and the ground to a toggle switch on the dash to activate the lockup. It was good for about 300 rpm at speed. I kept the brake switch to de-activate it.

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
B&M used to sell a speed-sensor switch kit. It was meant to hold off locking the converter until a speed was reached. You could hack that solution to work with your 3-speed.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor