Converting to efi

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Does anyone know of a good video on converting from carb to an EFI?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
There are sooooooooooooo many aftermarket options out there now so it comes down to budget and what you know. It's that simple. Do a google search, Holley Terminator X is one of the really good ones.

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
There are sooooooooooooo many aftermarket options out there now so it comes down to budget and what you know. It's that simple. Do a google search, Holley Terminator X is one of the really good ones.
Thanks this is an area I know nothing about...

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
What do you want to know?

Fuel system needs to be setup for EFI so that's getting the proper Tank, Fuel Pump, Regulator, little bit of wiring, lines ran right, then the system you want installed correctly.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
What do you want to know?

Fuel system needs to be setup for EFI so that's getting the proper Tank, Fuel Pump, Regulator, little bit of wiring, lines ran right, then the system you want installed correctly.
this is something I know absolutely nothing about. Something with some step by step explanations would be useful. I don't even know which companies make the parts, ect... On this subject I am as clueless as they come...

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I plan to do the same as soon as i've had enough of carburetor/wideband afr tuning.

Just to hammer in a couple of ideas, my plan.... edelbrock pro-flo 4 and use an '87 monte carlo efi fuel tank complete with fuel assembly unit, then choose a good aftermarket in tank electric fuel pump.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
Find a system you might be interested to purchase and download the installation instructions. They are very useful.

I have Edelbrock pro-flo and f.a.s.t. setups, happy with both.

Reactions: 2 users

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
I've always wanted to EFI the r.i.p. Monte SS circa Y2K. I've acquired a lot of parts to do the conversion but it never materialized when the vehicle started showing some of it's "beyond my capability" rust holes. Before the abandonment, bought a L29 intake that I was going to plop onto the engine. Harness from a 3.1l camaro that was rewired to accommodate the L29 intake. Repinned for the 90-92 camaro ECM. Acquired a g-body efi fuel tank. Bought stainless efi feed line from one of the tubing manufacture up in Michigan. I really didn't know how to bridge the gap between the feed/return lines to the L29 intake. Also acquired a laptop, chip burner and fashioned a home brewed uv light chip eraser. Spent countless hours on the diy gmefi mailing list trying to learn how to tune all of this mess and it was like learning a foreign language.

Anyhoo...John Bzdel probably has one of the best detailed webpage of what he did to swap a LS1 into his Monte...

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
John has his, I have my build thread here..

this is something I know absolutely nothing about. Something with some step by step explanations would be useful. I don't even know which companies make the parts, ect... On this subject I am as clueless as they come...

Click that link above, you will see tons of info in mine.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What’s your engine/trans combination, budget, intended use and HP?

Once these are answered the choices become very easy. The second one (budget) will define systems that will fit your need.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor